Wednesday 23 March 2011

Research - Analysis of "Twelve" Trailer.


Above is the trailer for "Twelve", a film that I touched upon in my website research; I mentioned "Twelve"'s similar target audience/nature to our film, hence have chosen to look into its trailer in more detail.

I think this trailer is excellent, its pace and use of music being engaging in particular.
The start has a retrospective feel, with the film's protagonist, White Mike, at a low point, whilst flashing back to memories of his late mother. I like this as a start to a trailer; the mysterious element to his misery draws an audience in, whilst the flashbacks begin to reveal his story. The slow, tired music emphasizes the sequence's emotion, as does the washed out color filter.

This moves into a sequence of scenes set against a backing track of MGMT's "Kids".
(Analysis.)

No comments:

Post a Comment